Radiology Errors


Contacting a Radiology Malpractice Attorney

Did your radiologist fail to diagnose your medical condition or fail to communicate with you in a timely manner? If so, you may be able to take legal action for radiology malpractice. Our founding attorney, Dr. Bruce G. Fagel, is also a licensed medical doctor. His experience and in-depth knowledge of both industries makes him the ideal legal advocate for your radiology malpractice claim.

Statistically, the average error rate for radiologists in the U.S. is 30 percent. A majority of these errors (approximately 70 percent) are attributed to the radiologist completely missing a physical abnormality. The remaining 30 percent of radiology error cases are caused by misinterpretation of abnormalities.

In the medical industry, there is an accepted standard of care, and this standard does allow for some error. If that error exceeds the accepted standard, then there is usually a malpractice lawsuit. If you or a loved one’s health suffered due to a radiology error, then contact Dr. Fagel to learn if you have a case.

Radiology & Misdiagnosis

Radiologists are charged with screening patients for medical conditions. If the screening or interpretation of the screening is incorrect, then the patient cannot be properly diagnosed. Without a proper diagnosis, the patient cannot be treated. Usually, this results in a worsened medical condition. Some conditions that are commonly missed during radiology screenings include cancer and fractures.

Components of a Radiology Malpractice Lawsuit

To file a radiology malpractice lawsuit, four components must be established:

  1. Duty Owed – Plaintiff must show proof of a physician-patient relationship, which establishes a duty of care owed to that patient.
  2. Duty Breached – Plaintiff must show that the physician failed to uphold that duty of care by either committing an act or failing to do what was required.
  3. Injury Incurred – This breach of duty must have caused an injury to the patient.
  4. Real Damages – Plaintiff must show that the breach caused the patient to sustain real and measurable injuries as a result of the negligence or malpractice.

Radiology error victims could be entitled to compensation in the form of economic as well as non-economic damages. Economic damages include compensation for things like medical bills while non-economic damages cover psychological harm, such as “pain and suffering.”

Doctors and medical facilities are backed by large insurance companies who deal with these types of cases all the time. You need an advocate in your corner who knows both sides of the fight. With his experience in both the medical and legal industries, Dr. Fagel is the person to handle your radiology malpractice claim. If you have a case, you don’t pay us any fees unless we win your case. To learn more about how we can help, call today.

Medical Malpractice Attorney Locations

This resource page is provided by Dr. Bruce Fagel for your information. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.